St. Declan’s Way – All Five Stages in 2022 – March, April & May
We are delighted to announce that we will walk all five stages of St. Declan’s Way once again in 2022. Booking is now open at http://bit.ly/2HoqUyv.
If you are interested in taking part, please note the following dates:
- March 19th – Cashel to Cahir
- March 20th – Cahir to Goatenbridge
- April 16th – Goatenbridge to Lismore – in association with Pilgrim Paths Week 2022.
- April 30th – Lismore to Aglish
- May 1st – Aglish to Ardmore
The Knockmealdown Active group, which boasts significant expertise in such event management, is once again organising this five stage guided walk of the entire route.
Stages are approximately 20 km each, run during March, April & May as follows:
- First Stage: Saturday March 19th– Cashel to Cahir (park in Cahir, bus to Cashel, walk to Cahir) – approx. 21km – mainly flat back roads.
- Second Stage: Sunday March 20th – Cahir to Goatenbridge (park in Goatenbridge, bus to Cahir, walk to Goatenbridge) – approx. 20km – mainly flat back roads.
- Third Stage: Saturday April 16th – Goatenbridge to Lismore (park in Lismore, bus to Goatenbridge, walk to Lismore). Note: this stage crosses the Knockmealdown Mountains and will require a certain level of fitness. All other stages are relatively flat – 28km – back roads & forest trails. This stage is part of the Pilgrim Paths Week 2022 celebration.
- Fourth Stage: Saturday April 30th – Lismore to Aglish (park in Aglish, bus to Lismore, walk to Aglish) – 20km – mainly flat back roads.
- Fifth Stage: Sunday May 1st – Aglish to Ardmore (park in Ardmore, bus to Aglish, walk to Ardmore)- 21km – mainly flat back roads & cleared tracks – finishes along the beach.
- Be over 16 years of age (or accompanied by an adult).
- Be in a fit physical condition.
- Have reasonable walking experience.
- Have wind and waterproof clothing & wear suitable footwear.
- Bring a fully charged mobile phone.
- Sign in at the start and finish check points on the day.
- Pay the entry fee in advance (booking will be online only).
- No dogs allowed – unfortunately we are not in a position to cater for them.